On the Road to Find Out

A crazy lady keeps you up to date on her sometime wild, sometimes mild adventures.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Habibi

Thank God, Alhandullellah….it’s finally Friday!

Though it was a short week, I’m still glad it’s over

and I can have some rest this weekend.

I need it too. I fell on Thursday on the way to

work and my knee is really swollen and tore up.

So, instead of going to Southern Exposure for

the Monster Drawing Rally, I’ll be meeting Melody

for a early happy hour beer, and then going home

to rest.  Damn it!  The Monster Drawing Rally is one

of my favorite events at Soex…it is, in my opinion,

our best party/event of the year.

I suppose it’s for the best since I won’t be tempted

to spend money I don’t have on some new art work.

On the other hand, my apartment really needs some

more artwork.  Oh well.

In other news, I finally downloaded Acquisition. 

I’ve really been wanting to get some Bandari music,

and I figured I’d be able to find some online using that

software.  Travis has been telling me about it for awhile,

and I know Chris is hooked too.  They both have bulging

hard drives full of new, good music, so I don’t know why

I waited so long.  I did find some Bandari, and some

other Arabic dance music the other day.  I also did a search

for hip-hop Française and found a bunch of good stuff.

I really like Mc Solaar, Diam’s and Sinik, and Lunatic. 

These songs make nice additions to my favs like

Edith Piaf, Charles Trenet, France Gall, Stereolab,

and Electrelane.  It’s nice to mix it up.

And I’ve made a nice new mix of French music.

I emailed my friend Stéphane in Paris, and he sent me

some other French rock recommendations, so maybe

I can find some more music tonight while I’m resting.

I really like the French hip hop..it’s been fun to listen to

today.  While I peruse my spreadsheets, I almost

feel like I’m in a scene from a movie, doing research or writing

something that will be very important later on in the film.

Of course that couldn’t be further from the truth, but

hey, this is my movie, in my imagination, so let’s just

say this spreadsheet is grand and important. Well,

to someone other than the Burberry planner that

I’m doing the project for.

My other new favorite is Habibi, which is darling in Farsi.

I don’t have a movie in the making, but I did do a little dancing

while I was listening to it and shredding confidential papers today.

Um. I do love Acquisition!

Okay Habibi, I’ve got to get back to work.

 

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home