On the Road to Find Out

A crazy lady keeps you up to date on her sometime wild, sometimes mild adventures.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

J'ai ma vie en rose

I decided to delete my last post cause
it was l-a-m-e.
I'm a grown woman for god's sake!
Yes, I'm feeling sad about the last
guy I was seeing. I really miss him,
I'm having a hard time letting go of the fact
that we won't have the chance to develop
into something magnificent.
I've also only been looking at things from my perspective
without really thinking about his situation and limitations.
I also see my own mistakes. Along the lines of
“it’s easy when you stop pretending that you
just got lost along the way...”

In conclustion, he's special, but he's not
for me, and it's still making me cry.
And, I know I deserve more than
he was giving me. It isn't that he
doesn't have the potential, it's that
he doesn't have the desire.
Mais non, je ne regret rien. Parce que,
avec lui ou pas, j'ai ma vie en rose.

So, I'm keeping busy, making plans.
I'm still temping , but thank god, that'll
be over soon. I'm ready for something more
challenging. And, I need to make more money!
I do have an interview this week with foundation
for economic development in low-income
bay area communities as a communications/program assistant.
I also applied for a job as a research/program
assistant for an NGO that sponsors fellows working
in third-world development. 2 awesome jobs!
Wish me luck!
However, I am keeping my options
open. Tonight, Professor D is making the presentation
for the English language program in Istanbul.
New College has been working on getting
this project going since we were there in the fall.
If that is accepted, there's the possibility
of going to Istanbul to teach for a month this
summer.
Part of this New College teaching program
is NC paying for the TEFL training. Once I
have that certificate to teach, I can go
anywhere. Especially with a BA and good
work experience.
I was researching TEFL testing
agencies online and came
across a forum on ESL cafe with a section on North
Africa. There were several entries on Libya,
and they all said DON'T GO!! If you want to teach in
North Africa, go to Tunis, the capital of Tunsia.
So I applied for a job to teach English in Tunis.
There's an interesting program with the
mission of fostering American and Mideast/
North African relations called AMIDEAST.
Melody wants to go to Tokyo, and if
nothing good comes up here in SF,
I"ll consider going to Tokyo to teach first.
I"m going to pursue Tunis aggressively
because it's my first choice.
I actually know a little about Tunisia.
When I started planning my trip to Libya, Jerry
told me that one of the sweet rewards
of going to Tripoli was easy access to Tunis.
Further, Tunis was the location of
my imaginary future domestic bliss that
failed to become reality.
In many ways, it's been a city
of my dreams. Just I'm putting the old
dreams behind me doesn't mean I must
forget about Tunis too.

http://lexicorient.com/tunisia/tunis.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home